Our first year of marriage in a glance:
- January 2020: We’re Married/Honeymoonin’
- February: One year since we got engaged, Brittni turns 30, early maternity leave, COVID is found in Italy.
- March: aaaaand lockdown begins.
- April: Easter was celebrated, just the two of us with belly painting. Lockdown continues.
- May: Babymoon to Greece gets canceled. Boo. Probably sent out thank you cards around this time. Started on the nursery.
- June: Visited our friends in Asti, Piemonte – Finally out of the house! I was put in the hospital for complications.
- July: Our half anniversary! Alberto turns 35.
- August: We’re parents!
- September: 5 years together! Our first weekend away as a family of 3.
- October: Our first date night as parents.
- November: Lockdown again, Thanksgiving as a family, first Thanksgiving without our usual Expat celebration.
- December: Finally get to go to Florida!
- January 2021: YAY! We made it a year, and what a year it was!
How we celebrated:
Our wedding was absolutely magical, so there was no better way to celebrate our first anniversary than to go right back to where it all began, this time as a Mr. and Mrs. and Mommy and Daddy. I couldn’t wait to get our first family photos, and what better occasion than this one? We started the celebration off with our wedding photographer, Brittany Lemire. This was our 3rd time taking photos with her: our engagement session, wedding day, and now, family photos.
Then, a perfect dinner right on the deck where we said our vows. Listening to the waves crashing, we enjoyed a delicious lobster paella – just like we did after our very first week that we spent together as a couple in 2015. Noah gave us the gift of him sleeping all through dinner time. Alberto and I had perfect conversation, reminisced about the past year and past 5 years that we’ve spent together. We discussed our goals and our future together. The resort offered us a prosecco to enjoy with our delicious chocolate and caramel tart to put the cherry on top of the most perfect evening together. After a rough, extremely eventful first year we are ready to take on everything that life has to throw at us!