From my personal experience: these were the most useful items that I had, or had to purchase in a hurry, right from the get go!
- haaka – I had the first generation and actually ended up buying a second one
- Mandela Breast Pump – I just had the one side and used the haaka on the other side.
- Mandela Breast Pads – I tried the Chicco ones at first… Mandela’s shape is a lot better.
- pregnancy/breastfeeding pillow
- nursing bras/very comfortable sports bras
- bigger clothes/maternity clothes – I am one of the few people who say BUY MATERNITY. Not a lot, but at least some. I tried to just stick with buying bigger clothes, but when I got maternity clothes it made me feel so much better. It was easier to show off my belly and not feel like a big ol’ sack of potatoes
- night light – for night time feedings. SO important!
- almond oil/body butter – I used both at least once a day. Absolutely did not want stretch marks.
- those net undies and pads
- the bidet (or something to pour cold water)
- an infant boppy pillow I actually didn’t have one for newborn, but this is something that I saw and really wished that I had to place Noah in anywhere that I would go
- a next to me bassinet some babies prefer a smaller space, but the Chicco next-to-me worked great for us
- foppapadretti trio (although, if you can fit one with a bigger undercarriage in your car it may be useful to check out the trio from CAM as well, my friends have really liked theirs)
- pacifier from research (here is an example) I found that sleeping with a pacifier may reduce risk of SIDS.
- baby swing we had the Momaroo and loved it
- blankets I didn’t swaddle, but I love my swaddle blankets. They still are very useful to always h
- burp clothes
- newborn clothes (some premie clothes if baby may be small)
- baby toiletries
- diapers wipes, and diaper cream
- heart beat sound maker we had one for the room, and always used the sound on the momaroo as well
What were the items that you found most useful right from the get go??